This free online sentence corrector can check your text for multiple errors and suggest appropriate corrections. It can correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style issues in a sentence.
For example, if someone types “I did not said nothing.”, the program will return “I didn’t say anything.” (Corrections applied).
It is common to make a simple mistake in writing an English sentence. It’s not that you don’t know the right grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation; it might be just a slip of your pen or keyboard which makes it wrong.
Perhaps, this is what we call “Spelling Error.”
There are also instances where you can easily choose between two words that seem correct but only one is grammatically acceptable in the context of a sentence.
This kind of error may result in writing something like: ‘My mom dad and brother went out last night’ vs ‘My mom, dad and brother went out last night.’
The former has no comma while the latter is punctuated properly with one after the word “mom” since commas always go inside quotation marks.
How to Make Sentence Corrections Online?
You can either retype or rewrite all your sentences or you can use online tools such as the free online sentence corrector tool.
- All you need to do is just copy and paste whatever it is that you have written and click on “Check.”
- Doing so will automatically highlight possible errors, tell you whether they are true mistakes or not, and suggest edits that you may consider implementing.
There’s no way one will take minutes correcting a few lines when there’s an automated tool available for that.
There are different ways for checking the grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure of your English writing or documents.
Now, You can copy and paste the whole corrected text to use it in your article or any other writing project.
Correct Sentences for Grammar and Punctuation
Just copy and paste your sentences into the given box, click on “Check” then witness highlighted errors along with what should be done to correct them.
You can directly see how it would look if you corrected each error right away.
In fact, taking advantage of GLU helps you to improve your writing skills. To be able to reach a large audience and effectively communicate your message, errors should be kept at a minimum, and the syntax and language used should be accurate.
Examples of sentences Corrected with GLU:
- Correct Writing Tool
This tool takes your writing “sentence by sentence” and highlights mistakes, misspelled words, missing punctuation, incorrectly used words, and more. It does not make corrections on its own but suggests what you should do if you want to correct the errors.
“If you write correctly, people might be able to read your messages.”
“If you write correctly people might be able to read your messages.”
Wrong: I eat more healthier
Correct: I eat more healthily
wrong: I have to finish my home work in this afternoon.
Correct: I have to finish my homework this afternoon.
With the online sentence corrector, you can find and edit mistakes in your sentences more quickly.
Word Reference provides possible suggestions so that users are aware of different ways to use words. This online tool is beneficial especially if you’re not aware of the right context for using a particular word.
Avoid Making Mistakes in Sentences:
- Check if the sentence really makes sense.
- Make sure that all parts of the sentence are punctuated correctly.
- Pay attention to verb tenses, pronouns, and homophones (words that sound alike but have different meanings).
- Keep sentences simple and avoid unnecessary words or phrases – try to get your point across in fewer words whenever possible.
- If you’re not sure about the grammar or structure of your sentence, search it on Google – there might be an article out there with the same topic that explains the sentence correctly.
- If you’re not confident about your writing skills, consider hiring a professional writer or check your sentence structure with free online tools.
- Avoid out-of-date language by researching commonly used expressions. It is also important to keep track of slang expressions for you may end up using them inappropriately otherwise.
- If you spot any possible errors after proofreading, repeat the process until everything is perfect. Always remember that perfection isn’t necessary as long as you’re not making the same mistake over and over again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a sentence corrector?
A: A sentence corrector is a tool that allows you to check your sentences and improve your writing. It should be used in conjunction with other proofreading techniques.
- What is the best free online sentence corrector?
A: Usually, the best free online sentence correction tools include grammar and spell-check. GLU offers you 100% accurate and authentic correction.
- How is GLU a Credible Source to correct sentences?
It uses AI and “big data” processing to offer corrections to sentences that are based on years of research and development.
- How do I link words in a sentence?
A: To connect two words, you should use a comma and the word “and” or “or.” However, the order of words should be kept. For example, “I like to eat spaghetti and meatballs” is correct; “I like spaghetti and meatballs” is not.
- How can I correct my English sentences?
A: You can correct your English sentence by rephrasing it or using a free online sentence corrector tool.
- What are error correction techniques?
A: Error correction techniques include making the necessary changes yourself, asking experts to do it for you, and using online software like GLU.
- How do you know if a sentence is correct?
A: Sentences are said to be correct if they make sense and follow a basic set of rules regarding grammar, spelling, and punctuation. For instance, if a sentence is missing a word, you can add it. If several possible words may fit in a particular spot, choose the one that sounds the best.
- How do I check my sentences for errors?
A: In order to check your sentence for possible errors, it is important to read it out loud. If you notice anything that sounds off, it’s a good sign that there may be an issue with the sentence. In such a case, you can check your sentence with a free online sentence correction tool.